installing HostAP with Compaq WL100

capacity77 at tin.it capacity77
Thu Dec 2 03:38:15 PST 2004

Hi List!
I've just configured my Compaq WL 100, it works good,
I want to use the HostAP mode so I have to set the mode to MASTER, right?
the fact is that the driver linux-wlan-ng (that I'm using) disables the
iwconfig command! :((
Does anyone know how to configure the mode to Master?
Or it's just automatic when I install hostap? By the way, I just installed
hostap but how can I make it run, just loading the module with modprobe
hostap? Or there are some steps I have to do before (editing some file or
script)?
thanks a lot
Dom