STA Key handshake in WPA2

J I jmi_1996
Wed Dec 1 06:07:20 PST 2004

Hi,

I have a query on STAKey handshake, I see which is not yet implemented in WPA supplicant.

"How to maintain the STAkeys at the supplicant end?"

In STAKey Handshake, there will be only one STAKeySA with the same initiator and peer MAC address. For example, if there are three supplicants SUP1, SUP2, SUP3 in the BSS and if suppose two supplicants SUP1, SUP2 initiate the STAKey handshake with the same SUP3, then in that scenario, SUP3 would be holding two different STAKeys one for each supplicant.

In this case, we wanted to know, do we have maintain a look-up table for storing STAKeys of all supplicants that has initiated STAKey handshake at SUP3 along with inititor MAC address.

Thnaks,

JMI

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!