Updated WE-18 (WPA) proposal

Pedro Ramalhais ramalhais
Tue Aug 31 08:33:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 09:54, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 06:20:01PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> > ><-- snip -->

> > >Beides wpa_supplicant from hostap code (which is actually going into
> > >WE18) what other code re-use is on the roadmap as of yet for wireless-2.6?
> >
> > Intel Centrino driver is re-using chunks of HostAP, and I'm looking at
> > doing so for the RealTek 8180 driver I am about to publish.
>
> Can someone elaborate on what "chunks" the centrino driver is using
> from hostap?
>
> Jeff what aspects are you looking to re-use from hostap?
>
> I guess we at prism54 should also see what we can re-use too then.
> Our next driver (a softmac driver) will have a lot more code since the
> MAC will need to be implemented on the driver side -- I'm not yet sure
> of the exact details as I haven't grep'd through the available code yet
> I'm wondering though -- are there any other softmac drivers out there,
> or to come soon?
>
> 	Luis

The ipw2100 driver and ipw2200 driver both use these parts of hostap
code:
RX code (i think now it's in file hostap_80211_rx.c)
little parts of the TX code (hostap_80211_tx.c)
the hostap_crypt* code for WEP.
Some IEEE802.11 related parts of header files.
The ipw2100 is beggining to use hostap_crypt_tkip and hostap_crypt_ccmp
for WPA and WPA2.

I think that's it. Better ask James Ketrenos, he is one of the
developers at intel.
--
Pedro Ramalhais <ramalhais at serrado.net>