flashing-problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Aug 25 07:47:57 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:40:18AM +0000, Steffen Schwientek wrote:

> I have flashed my card with the prism2_srec programm. Unfortunately something
> has gone wrong.
>
> My command was
> ./prism2_srec wlan0 -f pk010101.hex

You seemed to have only updated primary firmware, which will disable the
secondary firmware.

> Here is the output of
> bash-2.05b# ./hostap_diag wifi0
> Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wifi0'
>
> NICID: id=0x801b v1.0.0 (PRISM III PCMCIA (SST parallel flash))
> PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
> ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available

You will need to upgrade station firmware to get the card in fully
operational state.

> Is there any hope to  resurerrect the card? If I want to flash another
> firmware, prism2_srec reports:
>
> ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
> STAID not available (maybe running PRI-only)
> ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
> ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
> Could not read wlan PDA. This requires PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT definition in
> driver/module/hostap_config.h.

Which prism2_srec command did you use? What version of the driver and
prism2_srec are you using? What does 'ls -R /proc/net/hostap' show? What
does 'dmesg' show after this attempt (including the driver
initialization)?