XP SP2 + hostapd?

Dustin Marquess jailbird
Mon Aug 23 20:11:12 PDT 2004

Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:19:51PM -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
>
> > Has anybody gotten XP Pro SP2 to work correctly w/ hostapd?
>
> Yes, I just happened to do some testing with SP2 yesterday. However, I
> think I was only using Funk Odyssey Supplicant and not the Microsoft
> one.
>
> > I'm using a Prism 2 card running STA 1.7.1 firmware (via RAM update)
> > and running the CVS version of hostap / hostapd.  I'm authenticating
> > against FreeRADIUS 1.0.0-pre0 using EAP-TLS.
> >
> > Everything worked fine using XP Pro SP1.  As soon as I upgraded to
> > SP2, my wireless connection quit working.
>
> I'll test this at some point. Sounds like the Encryption keys were not
> set correctly. Did you use IEEE 802.1X with dynamic WEP keys or WPA?

	It was set to use dynamic WEP. I'm not using rekeying right
now, since I've had problems in the past where it would cause the
connection to just drop on the client side until I removed and
reinserted the card.

	I'd love to try WAP, but I can't find a Windows driver for
Prism 2 cards that support it.

	-Dustin