XP SP2 + hostapd?

Dustin Marquess jailbird
Mon Aug 23 19:19:51 PDT 2004

All,

Has anybody gotten XP Pro SP2 to work correctly w/ hostapd?

I'm using a Prism 2 card running STA 1.7.1 firmware (via RAM update)
and running the CVS version of hostap / hostapd.  I'm authenticating
against FreeRADIUS 1.0.0-pre0 using EAP-TLS.

Everything worked fine using XP Pro SP1.  As soon as I upgraded to
SP2, my wireless connection quit working.

Windows shows the network, shows an "excellent" signal strength, shows
that the network is secured, etc.  If I click connect, it sits there
for almost a minute and says that it couldn't connect.

The SSL cert is still valid, so I know that's not the problem.  dmesg
on the hostap box shows:

wifi0: decryption failed (SA=00:05:5d:a7:09:ae) res=-2
wifi0: decryption failed (SA=00:05:5d:a7:09:ae) res=-2
wifi0: decryption failed (SA=00:05:5d:a7:09:ae) res=-2

Is this a known issue?  Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
-Dustin