how to hide the accesspoint

Bruno Randolf bruno.randolf
Wed Aug 4 09:21:28 PDT 2004

hi chris!

it's not possible to completely hide an AP, it always sends beacons. hiding
the ESSID is some kind of pseudo "security" mechanism to avoid it beeing
shown in the list of available networks on some operation systems. sooner or
later (when clients associate) sniffers like NetStubler and kismet will also
be able to find out the ESSID...

bruno