Beacon interval

Donghyuk Woo shine21
Tue Aug 3 00:56:07 PDT 2004

Hi, all

I got recently installed HostAP on debian machine.
( kernel v.2.4.26 / Evo N400c(laptop) / Buffalo WLI2-CF-S11 w/ WLI-CF-OP ).

Now, It works well as an AP (w/ Ethernet bridging).

However, when I tried to change the beacon interval,
I faced some messages.

# ./prism2_param wlan0 beacon_int 500
wlan0 (WE) : Buffer for request SIOCGIWPRIV too small (16<88)
wlan0 (WE) : Buffer for request SIOCGIWPRIV too small (32<88)
wlan0 (WE) : Buffer for request SIOCGIWPRIV too small (64<88)

I googled but failed to figure out what's wrong
and I'm not sure they are real error messages or warning messages.

So, I tried to monitor beacon by using Ethereal 0.10.5a on Windows2000
(WLI2-CF-S11 w/ WLI-CF-OP)
but, it didn't capture any beacons.

Is 'no beacon' the default configuration of HostAP???
or is my Ethereal configuration wrong? ;-(

What does that console message mean?

Regards,
Donghyuk