WPA supplicant on Prism54

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Apr 19 20:57:50 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:38:40AM +0200, Fruhwirth Clemens wrote:

> This might be a little bit offtopic, however I hope to catch some wpa
> supplicant developers:

Well, maybe off topic for Host AP driver, but since wpa_supplicant is
part of the same CVS tree and available at the same web site, I would
consider this to be on topic here..

> wpa_supplicant has apparently some support for the prism54.org driver for
> Prism GT based cards. The prism54 driver merged in 2.6.5 btw. seems to have
> support for wpa too.

Prism54.org driver does not have WPA support yet.

> Has wpa_supplicant been every successfully tested with the prism54
> driver and if so in which config, meaning running as AP or just client?

Not with Prism54.org driver. Please also note that WPA Supplicant is
used in the client, AP would need Authenticator..