Will hostap work on 386sx??

gARetH baBB hick.l.hostap
Sun Apr 18 23:35:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, AST 386sx wrote:

> I keep trying to load the hostap into my linux router.  It is a 386 with 16M
> ram and runing 2.4.26.  I keep geting the following error.  Same problem on
> both 0.0.3 and 0.2.0.  I have no problem with the same setup but with 486
> system.

You haven't told us which distribution you're using, but several now -
including eg. Slackware 9.x - will *not* run on a 386, compiling for 486
and above only is the usual.

I'm presuming you're using a recentish distribution as some of the utils
2.4.x requires need a relatively recent set.

I'd suggest for such a machine you stick to 2.2.x using hostap 0.0.x -
you can't chug much through a 386 like that, so keep it nice and simple.