More wierdness

Joseph njmurphy1
Sat Apr 17 14:01:36 PDT 2004

Hi All
	I had hostap up and running great.  Everything was fine had great link and
signal and had wep enabled.  Shut it down of the night and when I went to
bring it back up the card refuses to set the ESSID the KEY or the channel.

	The error I am getting for setting the essid is:

Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8b1a):
SET Failed on device wlan0: Invalid argument

	The error I am getting for setting the channel is:

Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8b04):
SET Failed on device wlan0: Invalid argument

	The error I am getting for setting the key is:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8b2a):
SET Failed on device wlan0: Invalid argument

I get these errors from iwconfig so I downloaded the 2.7 version that says it
will work with all other versions of wireless extensions an I get the exact
same results.

	So I this point I went from great its up let get some sleep to "what the ____
happened"

	Any ideas????

By the way the card I am using is this one:
http://www.netgate.com/NL2511.html

Joseph