HostAP support for WEP, WPA and 802.11i

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Apr 13 07:49:56 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 04:33:09PM -0400, Andrea G. Forte wrote:

> I would like to know if hostap supports, from the client side, WEP, WPA
> and 802.11i. Does it also support RADIUS?

Host AP driver with wpa_supplicant (development branch snapshot)
supports WEP, WPA, and IEEE 802.11i. Client side does not use RADIUS, so
I'm not sure what you mean with RADIUS support. wpa_supplicant supports
IEEE 802.1X/EAP authentication (e.g., EAP-TLS) and hostapd would pass
this authentication to a RADIUS server.