WDS without bridge?

sankpal_manisha sankpal_manisha
Mon Apr 12 05:29:15 PDT 2004

Hello All,

I have two APs with the HostAP and I made WDS link between them. The commands i executed to create a WDS are as per the README file. And I am successfully access to two APs using a station. In this case I have used a bridging between the wds and wlan#wds# interface.

Is it possible to create a WDS link without using bridge and with something like ipforwarding or  any other mechanisms?

If there are more than two APs in the WDS,then how the packet reaches to a specified dest? I mean to say how do the packet get routes to travel thr WDS?

Can someone shed a light on how to disable broadcast,multicast packets using bridge?

Thanks in advance
Manisha

Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me