wep rekeying not working properly
Murali Krishna Policharla
Wed Apr 7 05:06:04 PDT 2004
wep rekeying not working correctly with winxp client.
I have the following setup:
1. configured radius server and 802.1x authentication succeeds and i get
dynamic IP address also.
2. The settings in the hostapd.conf file are as below:
wep_rekey_period=600 ( wep rekey period i have tried with all values from 60
sec to 600sec)
3. I got a winXP client associated to the AP, and running ping from client.
The ping goes on fine with wep_rekey_period=0 and never timesout.
4. Now with any value >0 for wep_rekey_period from 60 to 600 the ping
timesout and recovers back at the subsequent key exchange.
5. Observed in the kernel logs that decrypt is failing for the frames that
are received during this period.
Any pointer would be of great help. Thanks in advance
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
More information about the Hostap