HOSTAP PROBLEM IN INSTALLATION

dhiraj.2.bhuyan at bt.com dhiraj.2.bhuyan
Mon Sep 15 01:49:36 PDT 2003

Did you modify the Makefile (kernel or hostap)? Because the module should be
installed in "/lib/modules/2.4.20-8WONKA_NERDS" and not "/var/tmp/.....".
Copy the files host_crypt.o, host_crypt_wep.o, hostap.o and hostap_pci.o
(for PCMCIA it is hostap_cs) from hostap-root/driver/modules to
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8WONKA_NERDS/net/

dhiraj

-----Original Message-----
From: Veronica Lane [mailto:lanev007 at yahoo.com]
Sent: 15 September 2003 08:05
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: HOSTAP PROBLEM IN INSTALLATION

Hi, i have this problem in installation. i keep on
having this problem everytime i make and make install
the hostap-0.0.3 driver:

Module installation directory not valid:
'/var/tmp/hostap-root/lib/modules/2.4.20-8WONKA_NERDS'
Most probable cause for this is modified kernel
headers.
You will need to install module file
(driver/modules/hostap*.{,k}o) manually.
make: *** [install_check] Error 1

my kernel here is 2.4.20-8WONKA_NERDS, and im using
redhat 9.  i dont know why it keeps on saying modified
kernel hearders since i successfully build my kernel
to support the hostap driver. then i also dont
understand the part where i have to install manually
the /driver/modules/hostap*...

please guys i need you expertise on this.

thanks.

VL