Data packet analysis - Between wireless & wireline networks

Bobby Sardana sardana
Tue Sep 9 22:30:50 PDT 2003

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 12:11:55AM -0700, Bobby Sardana wrote:
>

>>1) HostAP driver (Managed mode)
>>2) brctl (bridge) utilities to bridge the 802.11 & wireline network
>

> IEEE 802.11 does not allow a station in managed mode (i.e., client
> associated with an AP) to bridge packets at layer 2. You can only do
> this as an AP or using WDS links.

I meant "Master" (AP) and not "Managed". Apologies. So here's the
question again:

1) HostAP driver (Master AP mode)
2) brctl (bridge) utilities to bridge the 802.11 & wireline network
3) A single client associated with Host AP

I want to introspect the following on the AP side:

1) The data packets flowing between the client and the ethernet layer.

Wanted to find out how can I perform this introspection using the Host
AP driver on the AP side? Code that I can modify (hostap_hw.c etc.) to
perform this introspection?

regards,

Bobby Sardana.
sardana at obsoft.com