[patch] IWSPY support for ad-hoc mode

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Mon Sep 8 17:09:02 PDT 2003

dannys at changind.com wrote :

> Below is a patch (based on 0.0.4) that allows for IWSPY support in
> ad-hoc mode.  It may very well work for all modes or break other
> modes.  I've only tested it in ad-hoc.  But it seems to work decently.

	I can't comment on your patch.
	However, HostAP has already support for iwspy with
WE-16. Which means that if you upgrade to kernel 2.6.0 or 2.4.23-pre4
(when released), or if you patch your kernel with WE-16 (see my web
page), it should all work properly.

> A slightly nicer feature in this patch is that any MAC address may be
> entered, regardless of whether it's been seen before or not.
> (contrary to the wlan-ng drivers, which can only add MAC's that are
> currently visible).  I don't know if that was a requirement of
> wireless extensions or not.  But I like being able to add any MAC
> better.

	No, it's not. Other drivers supporting iwspy allow you to
enter any address you want, even invalid.

	Good luck...

	Jean