Interim Accounting Update supported with hostapd ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Sep 1 21:45:31 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:46:02AM +0200, Gehlert Frank-QSWI3185 wrote:

> does anyone know if the current version of hostapd supports IAU and how to configure it ?

Do you mean draft-ietf-radius-acct-interim-01.txt or something
different, like manually configurable interval without any request from
the RADIUS server? That draft seem to expired five years ago and I did
not notice any updates to it.. Anyway, no, current hostapd does not
support this. Is there a standard (well, at least de facto standard) way
of doing this? What kind of message do the RADIUS Accounting server
expect to receive?