hostap + wep + dhpcd == no go?

Jeff Meden jmeden
Tue Oct 28 11:41:44 PST 2003

Is the dhcp server on the AP? Is it a bridge or a router? And does the
windows client function OK for sure with wep enabled, and a manual
address?  I have never seen a dhcp-only issue with hostap, and I have
tested many versions with windows and linux clients, and almost every
kind of radio out there.  Maybe try using a forwarding agent on the AP
to see if it catches any activity?  I have found them to be more
flexible than the dhcpd server itself, for catching proper addresses and
allowing multiple nets to interact.  Or put the AP in strictly bridging
mode and note the traffic a linux test machine sees on the other side.
Hope this helps!

Jeff