Setting retry limits

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Oct 24 20:11:43 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 07:31:04PM +0200, Ferreri wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to change retry limits in Prism cards
> or if they are somehow fixed and unchangeable. I tried to change them using
> iwconfig, and even through the set_rid() functions in the driver, but I got
> no results. Is this true for any version of the firmware (I also tried with
> 1.7.4) ?

If you tried changed shortRetryLimit or longRetryLimit RIDs (FD48,
FD49), it was doomed to fail.. Those are read only just like all other
FD?? RIDs. However, you can set cnfAltRetryCount (FC32) and indeed, Host
AP driver already supports this so that you can use 'iwconfig wlan0
retry <val>' to configure retry limits. Each TX frame can then be sent
with the fixed long/short retry limit or with the configurable
alternative retry limit.