hostap_cs module autoload at startup

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Oct 24 00:49:50 PDT 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Anand S. Katti wrote:

> > Try removing orinoco_cs.o from under your /lib/modules tree (saving it
> > in whatever way you like). That's how I solved a similar problem. It
> > worked but maybe not the best solution.
>
> That could be just one of the ways, but as you said it is not the best
> solution.
>
> There could be some way to overpower orinoco_cs.

I cannot think of any situation when presence orinoco_cs as a module or as
part of the kernel could affect whether the card is bound to hostap_cs.
Binding is done by cardmgr, which does it based on its configuration
files.  PCMCIA drivers are never bound by themselves, just because they
support the device.

cardmgr reads /etc/pcmcia/config first and then /etc/pcmcia/*.conf files.
Later entries to be read have priority.  Just find other
/etc/pcmcia/*.conf files that refer to orinoco_cs, move them away
and restart cardmgr.

If you have /etc/pcmcia/ on ext2 or ext3 filesystem, you can hostap.conf
to /etc/pcmcia/zlocal.conf or something like that, and if will have
priority over files beginning with other letters.  That's because ext2fs
always sorts directory listing.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin