Wed Oct 22 19:19:29 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:34:28PM +0200, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

> I have now _three_ PRISM2 and 3 cards (CF cards in PCMCIA slots) from
> different manufacturers and all of them use the serial EEPROM instead of
> flash (to save cost). Thus they all require that the driver loads both the
> primary and secondary firmwares into RAM after reset.
>
> In the current hostap driver, which supposedly supports genesis mode, you
> don't even get the possibility to do this (without hacking) because it exits
> as soon as it sees that there is no PRI RID in the card (only the NICID is
> there). Are there really noone here who has the same kind of cards ?

I don't have such a card and have not thus written any support code for
it in the driver. Would you be able to tell me where I can get a card
like that and give exact vendor & model numbers, etc.? Are those
commercially available or engineering samples?

> wlan0: NIC: id=0x0e v0.4.1

So the driver was able to read NICID.. Interesting. However, that id
does not look at all like Prism2/2.5/3 card.. Any chance of you finding
out which MAC/BBP processor is used in it?