Does hostap-0.0.4 support Radius Accounting?!

Christopher Evans cwevans
Wed Oct 22 08:12:35 PDT 2003

in the hostapd.conf file I have

auth_server_addr=127.0.0.1
auth_server_port=1812
auth_server_shared_secret=shared

and the radius server I use is freeradius

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 01:15  AM, alf romeo wrote:

> hi to all!
>
> I already put up an access point using hostap-0.0.4
> driver...Now the next step is to have an
> authentication in my system. I have no experience in
> setting up any radius server..I have read some
> documents about radius server, but most of them are
> used in wired systems. Is it possible to have the
> radius server built in the same PC as the
> HostAP?..meaning, the authentication is taken from the
> HostAP pc not from a separate PC..I know that hostap
> supports the radius protocol, but i dont know if it
> can handle the Radius server itself...
>
> I hope you can help me with this..I cannot provide of
> any outputs because i have no idea how to use hostap
> for radius..Maybe you can give me sample commands to
> test hostap for radius.I appreciate any help you can give..

       -+--++---+++----++++-----+++++-----++++----+++---++--+-
      ___
  _.-|   |          |\__/,|   (`\      | Chris Evans
  "-.|___|        _.( T   )  `  /      | cwevans at acm.org
.+|______|__.-||__)`-'(((/  (((/      |  "Any technology distinguishable
                                       |  from magic, is not advanced
   Nika plays with a computer mouse    |  enough" -- Gregory Benford
       BY: Mike Rosulek                |
          http://showcase.netins.net/web/mikewrld/ascii/