best card for linux in hostap mode?

Dominique Blas ml
Thu Oct 16 01:29:22 PDT 2003

Le Lundi 25 Ao?t 2003 16:46, Niki Waibel a ?crit :
> which wireless card would you recommend for linux in ap mode?

My dear Niki,
I think you are workin' in a very interesting company that produces IP core in the wireless market : the chipset WiLD.

Indeed, It would be very interesting for the community built around HostAP to use this chipset.
Well, not really the chipset itself (it's a core) but this chipset equipped with a PCMCIA controller, an PCI or an USB controller in order to be driven by a HostAP.
Of course, your company sells a SDK for companies that want to build a product around the WiLD. The community has no money to buy such a kit and not enough relationships to integrate
the WiLD chipset, a PCMCIA or a PCI controller into the same product.
But I'm convinced that it would be a good bargain to dispose of a such product.
To be compared to existing chipsets (ie Prism) the WiLD permits us to not have a embedded secondary firmware but a host controlled secondary firmware  through HostAP.

I let you imagine what could be the possibilities offered by such a combination : we'll blow out all the existing AP .

db