Problems with Prism3 NIC 801D

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 15 18:38:50 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:23:31PM +0200, Martin Whitlock wrote:

> I have a new Prism3 SENAO (NL-2511 Mercury) card with NIC ID 801D and
> experience problems when modprobing cvs version of hostap. It starts
> with "<4>wlan0: hfa384x_cmd - timeout - reg=0xbe00" followed by other
> unsuccessful hfa382x commands... See attached log for more info. Any
> ideas? Has anything changed between NIC 801B and 801D messing things up
> for hostap?

Have you tested that card with other drivers? I do not have any NICID
801D cards, so I have not tested this. 801D seems to have "small serial
flash". Do you know whether it is one of the Prism3 cards that do not
include STA firmware in flash? If yes, current Host AP driver does not
probably support it (firmware image should be downloaded during
initialization).

Do you know whether one could get such a card? Many Senao NL-2511 cards
seem to use Prism2.5(?) and different NICID..