Disabling scanning

Vijay Raghunathan vijay
Tue Oct 14 15:39:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible (if so, how?) to completely disable
scanning (both passive and active) in a client device.

Basically, on the client, I want to manually set the ESSID, channel,
etc., using iwconfig and then have the client directly proceed to the
join request stage without doing any scanning (of course, there is an
access point that is operating on the specified channel and ESSID). If I
have to switch to Ad-hoc mode to be able to do this, that's fine too.

I'd really appreciate any help/suggestions that anyone can give me
regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay