Configuring WDS using hostap

Jason Boxman jasonb
Thu Oct 9 19:06:14 PDT 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 21:50, Dave wrote:
> Hi Maggie,
>
> > dave, thank you very for that help. i finally got my
> > wds working.
> >
> > im just a little confused.
> >
> > 1.  what's the difference between the wds
> > configuration and that of the bridge using br0?? what
> > are the basic application of such each set-up??
>
> What I provided as configuration will only allow you to move data through
> it via layer 3 because neither interface is bridged or attached to a
> bridge...so you will have to do layer 3 routing to move traffic across the
> wds interfaces.

How would you setup that kind of routing, exactly? :)

Say, a different 192.168.0.0/16 on each wlanXwdsY interface on each AP?  For
each wlanX interface, too?  Does each AP and its associated stations become
its own network segment, along with the WDS back channels?

<snip>

--

Jason Boxman
Administrator TrekWeb.COM