HW AP in a client mode

Jason Boxman jasonb
Thu Oct 9 00:37:50 PDT 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 03:21, mikael2 at atlas.cz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with HW AP Dlink DWL 900 AP+ fw.2.60. It can connect to my
> router with HostAP running in Master mode (Prism2 based XI 626 fw. 1.7.4),
> but the PC behind the AP cannot ping to router, just to D-link. And the
> router can ping the D-link, but not the PC behind the D-link. This is what
> I found in log (dmesg):

I setup my regular DWL900AP in point to point mode with the mac address of my
HostAP box and I am able to ping the box behind the HostAP box and the rest
of the network via the DWL900AP connected to my LAN.  Standard compliant WDS
frames (which 1.7.4 supports) had to be enabled for this to work.

I had to bridge wlan0 and wlan0wds0 on the HostAP box for this to work
properly.

It's almost 4am; More on this later.

<snip>

--