wlan0 and wlan0wds0 question

Brian Pomerantz bapper
Wed Oct 8 20:37:41 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 07:35:44PM -0700, maggie cross wrote:
> okay thanks... but i wanted to set up my sytem without
> using "bridging"... would it be possible??
> just plain wds alone?? i still can't my my system work
> (this means that my two AP cannot still "ping" each
> other.

You'll have to give more information than that for trouble shooting.
What exactly have you done?  Do the wds interfaces show up with an
ifconfig on both APs?  If so, I assume you put the IP addresses on the
wds interfaces?  You won't be able to ping if that's not what you did.
Make sure the wds interfaces are up and running, too.  Asside from
that, I certainly don't know what to tell you.

BAPper