HostAP development snapshot not workig

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Nov 26 06:23:32 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:35:30AM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> I've tried the latest HostAP development snapshot on my laptop because
> 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 cause the local_bh_enable() bug which I notice was
> discussed on this list.

local_bh_enable() should now be fixed in the latest stable snapshot..

> However, something changed between 0.1.1 and the
> development snapshot and my Prism2 card is no longer able to associate
> with my access point. I quote:

One change is that the card is not fully enabled before you set the
interface up. It would look exactly like this:

> # iwconfig wlan0
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00  Bit Rate:2Mb/s

> As opposed to (0.1.1, 0.1.2):

> # iwconfig wlan0
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"burrito"
>           Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access Point: 00:05:5D:EE:5C:D4

> Any idea what could have caused this? I'm subscribed to the list so do
> not bother to CC: me. Thanks!

Did you set wlan0 or wifi0 up with ifconfig when testing the development
snapshot? If not, try with that.. If yes, give some more details.

PS.

If you don't want to be CC'd, you might want to fix the
email address and the mailing list address..