Flashing failed and rendered my compaq wl200 useless. :(

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Nov 10 18:40:23 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:01:26PM +0100, Damian Gaw?da wrote:

> Today I risked and force-flashed my compaq wl200. Unfortunately, something went wrong and the card won't initialize. Is it possible to flash it somehow without the driver loaded (which is the problem: no working firmware -> driver won't load -> can't flash)?

It depends on what went wrong.. Compaq WL200 is unfortunately using
hfa3841, so getting into Genesis mode to fix issues is somewhat
difficult (requires hardware modifications). However, if only STA
firmware is corrupted, it might be possible to fix the issue.

Could you give some more details of what actually happened? What
firmware versions were in the card originally? Which firmware image was
downloaded? Which prism2_srec command did you use? Which driver version
are you using?