Prism2 PNP ID restore

Daniel Kostadinov kostadinov
Wed Nov 5 14:03:26 PST 2003

Hello Pavel,

Tuesday, November 4, 2003, 6:40:22 AM, you wrote:

PR> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Daniel Kostadinov wrote:

>> Hi,
>>   I just want to ask to is it possible to recover a CIS info ( PNP ID
>>   ) of prism2 card? I flashed my old unknown Prism2 card with ZCOM XI-300 card firmware, the
>>   card work fine, but his PNP ID is changed to "_-IEEE_802.11b_Wireless_Lan/PC_Card-BF95"
>>
>>   I try all post for reflashing prism2 2.5 card and nothing recover
>>   PNP ID. I have backup of card cis info dumped from Intersil
>>   Flash.exe and Winupdate.exe but i dont find any possible way to
>>   import thats id to pda or firmware.

PR> CIS should be written into the non-volatile memory of the card, just like
PR> the PDA and the non-volatile firmware.

PR> You should be able to do it using either the same flash.exe or prism2_srec
PR> and a specially prepared srec file containing the CIS you want to flash.

PR> CIS should be in the s-record format.  You can find an example in file
PR> http://www.hawkingtech.com/download/we110.exe

PR> If you unzip that file, you will find file BROMAX5V.HEX.  The CIS is
PR> written at address 0x3EFE00.  You should convert your dump to the srec
PR> format.  You can use objcopy for that.

PR> You don't need the PDR at the end of that file (line containing FF000000).
PR> It simply instructs the flash utility to get the MAC address from the PDA.

Thank you for very good info. I create new file using my cis dump and
Bromax5v.hex but flash utils told me that there is Check sum error on
line 2 and dont want to flash it. Thing that maybe a dump file is not
valid or corrupted. When i conver dump file from hex to ascii there is some
wrong symbols in PNP ID. The unknow prism2 card is some Proxim OEM card removed
from AP.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:kostadinov at spnet.net