New management message

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat May 31 12:28:10 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:17:03PM +0100, caeiro wrote:

> I'm trying to send a new management message from STA to AP using a new ioctl. So, I add some code in hostap_ioctl (the new function prism2_ioctl_siwqos, a new constant in prism2_handler[] and a new test case to call the ioctl function), in hostap_hw (I have created a function to send the management message, that is called by the ioctl function) and finally I add the correspondent command to iwconfig.

hostap_ioctl is in hostap.o module and hostap_hw in hostap_cs.o module.
Functions in hostap.o module cannot directly call functions in
hostap_cs.o since hostap.o is loaded first. You will need to either
register function pointer for your function or move it to hostap.o,
e.g., in hostap.c. If the function that sends the frame is not very
hardware specific, I would recommend moving it to hostap.o. You can then
use local->func->tx_80211() to send the skb. If this is not OK, look
into struct prism2_helper_functions for an example of function pointers
for hostap.o -> hostap_cs.o calls.