wds not linking

Tom Cranbrook tcranbrook
Thu May 29 23:31:29 PDT 2003

>On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:09:59PM +0000, Tom Cranbrook wrote:
>
>> prism2_param wlan0 other_ap_policy 2
>> prism2_param wlan0 autom_ap_wds 1
>>
>> Host A finds Host B mac and shows up in  /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/wds
>>
>> Host B does not find host A for wds.
>
>Which station firmware version are you using in host B? STA f/w 1.4.9
>does not seem to pass beacon frames to the host driver in Host AP mode.
>This breaks automatic WDS link addition when it is based on beacon
>frames. However, if you send a WDS frame from host A on that link, host
>B should detect that and add the WDS link (assuming you are using recent
>Host AP driver version).

Both cards are Netgear MA31  PCI.
the firware is the same on both:

root at libranet:/usr/src/modules/hostap-source/utils# ./hostap_diag wlan0
Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

NICID: id=0x8013 v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) Mini-PCI (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.0.7
STAID: id=0x001f v1.3.6 (station firmware)

I am also getting the following mesg with iwconfig:

Warning : Device wlan0 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless Extension, while we are using version 12.
Some things may be broken...

I have freashly compiled all of the hostap stuff with a 2.4.20 kernel
in a Debian woody environment

Study Business at USQ's Australian Graduate School of Business.
http://www.usq.edu.au/faculty/business/usqagsb/