why doesn't iwconfig wlan0 rate change the rate?

Jason Leigh Lade jlade
Sun May 25 19:48:05 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Finally figured out how to get hostAP installed properly on my notebook,
everything almost seems right except when I want to change the speed of
the link using the following command # iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M it
doesn't do anything, 1M is a little slower than I had hoped. Now I am
using hostap-0.0.2 (I know I should be using 3) but I took the easy way
out by using the gentoo ebuild due to the modprobe problems I had when
installing from hostap-0.0.3. Now I also tried CVS but that didn't even
get past the config pccard for me.

Any pointers.

Also when I type #iwconfig
I get