FreeS/WAN 1.99 + Proxy ARP - How does it work on HOSTAP ?

Kevin Xu kevinx2003
Thu May 22 09:53:23 PDT 2003

I'm trying to setup FreeS/WAN 1.99 + Proxy ARP on AP with hostap driver. Without Proxy ARP configured, my IPSEC wireless client can ping the AP (with FreeS/WAN running) via secure channel. But once I turned on Proxy ARP,  I can no long setup the secure channel between wireless client and AP. As far as I know, Proxy ARP is working fine,  and I can ping from anywhere to anywhere in my network.

I am wondering has anyone tried to setup Proxy ARP + FreeS/WAN with hostap driver together? Very much appreciate if anyone can share some light with me how to set these two things together on the AP. Thanks.

-Kevin