Success story 1-3

Raffaele Raf raffaele1963
Mon May 19 21:35:42 PDT 2003

Success story 4

   Yes, but how could I bypass the 5 volts limitation
????
   I searched on the USR 2450 motherboard 1 pin
carrying 5 volts, and
   connected this pin to the pin feeding the pcmcia
card at 3.6
   volts. See the picture attached.

When I finished, I powered everything off and
disconnected the pin carrying 5 volts before inserting
the pcmcia wireless card.
After setting the serial port of my pc to 4800 n81, I
could successfully see the openap image booting  from
the sram card. The boot procedure was exactly as
described at
http://opensource.instant802.com/getting_started_flash.php.
Last issue: the broken pcmcia wireless cards.
With the new flash.exe program I started to do
miracles.
First I resurrected the dead generic prism 2 card
using the firmware found into the following file:
http://home.eunet.cz/jt/wifi/floppy_flash.img
using the information above.

Then I resurrected a dead USR 2445 card (coming from
the USR 2450 AP) having broken PDA, primary and
secondary firmware.
What I did is to perform a "cold programming" not
using at all the information coming from the card.

Steps:

1) Find a compatible PDA and change mac add and
voltage if necessary
   (8002.pda).
2) Find a compatible initial firmware (i10003c0.hex).
3) Find a compatible primary firmware (p10003c0.hex).
4) Find a compatible secondary firmware(s1010409.hex).

5) Download the latest flash.exe.

Then run in sequence:
A) flash -legacy -3v -on -i i10003c0.hex
B) flash -legacy -g -pf -p 8002.pda -spi -hf -3v -on
-d p10003c0.hex C) flash -legacy -g -pf -p 8002.pda
-spi -hf -3v -on -d s1010409.hex D) flash -legacy -g
-p 8002.pda -spi -hf -3v -on

And finally check the results with flash -legacy -3v
-s