Increasing bandwidth using 2 PRISM Cards

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed May 14 21:51:10 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:03:53AM +0530, Aditya S Chikodi wrote:

> a) Setup each card to operate on a different frequency and configure them
> with separate ESSID's.

How close the two radios in each AP are to eachother? Are you using
external antennas or have you done anything to limit the interference
the other radio is going to give? At least try using channels that are
further apart (e.g., 1 and 11).

> b) Due to the half duplex nature of the radio, configure the AP's such that
> one card is dedicated for only TX data and another card for RX data. ie.
> Card1-1 and Card2-1 is configured for one pair of transmit and receive. Card
> 1-2 and Card2-2 is configured for another pair (refer diagram below)

IEEE 802.11 uses acknowledgement of the frames, so in fact, cards are
still both transmitting and receiving frames. I don't think this is the
major issue. However, the receiver will have hard time trying to avoid
problems when the radio next to it is sending..