card hangs, not system

Santiago Garcia Mantinan hostap
Wed May 14 15:14:59 PDT 2003

Hi!

After having upgraded all my machines to the cvs version as of this monday
where the system hang was fixed I'm still seing the card hangs on the same
machines I was seing it. So it seems to me that this problem, card hang, not
system, is a different one from the one that was fixed.

I'll try to give all the info I can on this... I'm seing this kind of
problems on my small Compact Armada, a P133, Linux 2.2.25, with a 5 volts
pcmcia adapter. The card is a Conceptronic 11C Pro, this is: NIC: id=0x8003
v1.0.0 PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0 STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6 I'm using it as a client
(managed mode) to test the AP (the one that used to hang on doing big
downloads) I'm downloading cd images with wget on it at a ratio around
500KB/s, on the net there is only the AP and this client, the network is
open, no wep or anything. I believe this very same problem is also happening
on my USR 2450 AP in AP mode and with kernel 2.4.20.

What comes next is what happened on my last test, at first I saw this error:

wlan0: hfa384x_cmd: interrupted; err=-4
wlan0: hfa384x_get_rid: CMDCODE_ACCESS failed (res=-4, rid=fdc6, len=12)
wlan0: hfa384x_setup_bap - timeout after
wlan0: copy from BAP0 failed -110
wlan0: scheduled card reset
hostap_cs: wlan0: resetting card
prism2_pccard_cor_sreset: original COR 41
prism2_hw_init()
prism2_hw_config: initialized in 8916 iterations
wlan0: trying to read PDA from 0x007f0000: failed
wlan0: trying to read PDA from 0x003f0000: failed
wlan0: trying to read PDA from 0x00390000: OK
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=00:50:c2:10:90:b3

and the card continued working ok, but then came this other error:

wlan0: hfa384x_setup_bap - timeout after
wlan0: prism2_tx - to BAP0 failed
wlan0: scheduled card reset
hostap_cs: wlan0: resetting card
prism2_pccard_cor_sreset: original COR 41
prism2_hw_init()
wlan0: Command completion event, but no pending commands
hostap_cs: card initialization timed out
hostap_cs: Initialization failed
wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping
wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping
wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping
It continues like that for another 180 lines

The card had died at this time, when I realised about this I did a cat
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/* which is what comes next exept for the pda output
that I removed because it was binary:

# BSSID CHAN SIGNAL NOISE RATE SSID FLAGS
MAC policy: open
MAC entries: 0
MAC list:
BridgedUnicastFrames=0
BridgedMulticastFrames=0
max_inactivity=300
bridge_packets=1
nullfunc_ack=0
autom_ap_wds=0
auth_algs=3
next_txfid=2 next_alloc=2
FID: tx=0123 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=0138 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=014D intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=0162 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=0177 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=018C intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=01A1 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=01B6 intransmit=FFFF
FW TX rate control: 0
beacon_int=100
dtim_period=1
wds_max_connections=16
dev_enabled=0
sw_tick_stuck=0
CMD=0000
PARAM0=0000
PARAM1=0000
PARAM2=0000
STATUS=0000
RESP0=0000
RESP1=0000
RESP2=0000
INFOFID=0000
CONTROL=0000
SELECT0=0000
SELECT1=0000
OFFSET0=0000
OFFSET1=0000
RXFID=0000
ALLOCFID=0000
TXCOMPLFID=0000
SWSUPPORT0=0000
SWSUPPORT1=0000
SWSUPPORT2=0000
EVSTAT=0000
INTEN=e09f
EVACK=0000
AUXPAGE=0000
AUXOFFSET=0000
Total ScanResults: 0
TxUnicastFrames=1294192
TxMulticastframes=0
TxFragments=1294284
TxUnicastOctets=113999503
TxMulticastOctets=0
TxDeferredTransmissions=2658982
TxSingleRetryFrames=238170
TxMultipleRetryFrames=153092
TxRetryLimitExceeded=1944
TxDiscards=0
RxUnicastFrames=2587623
RxMulticastFrames=66677
RxFragments=2654300
RxUnicastOctets=3971602286
RxMulticastOctets=4305706
RxFCSErrors=62827
RxDiscardsNoBuffer=0
TxDiscardsWrongSA=0
RxDiscardsWEPUndecryptable=0
RxMessageInMsgFragments=0
RxMessageInBadMsgFragments=0

Hope this helps trying to fix this reset problems.

If you need more info just ask for it, I'm trying to get a machine with a
PLX card ready to make more tests.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net