problem in wep key configuration.

Lukic lukic
Wed May 14 06:14:55 PDT 2003

i think hostap just repeat received packet, bud don't decrypt it and encrypt with new key, you need to do IP routing on AP..

Lukic

N49? 02,40' E19? 43,07'
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dilli Babu Kodamala
  To: hostap at shmoo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 11:33 AM
  Subject: problem in wep key configuration.

  Hi,
  I am using hostap driver on my Access Point as well as on my end stations.

  I have 2 end stations associated with my Access Point. The 2 end stations
  are able to communicate with each other through the Access Point.

  I) Now I'm trying to use WEP (One common key for all stations of the AP). The
  configuration I did as follows

      AP
      "iwconfig wlan0 key s:abcde"

      STA 1
      "iwconfig wlan0 key s:abcde"

      STA 2.
      "iwconfig wlan0 key s:abcde"
  With this setup also the end stations
  are able to communicate with each other through the Access Point.

  II) Now I'm trying to use Station specific WEP keys (Different key for each end stations of the AP). The
  configuration I did as follows

      AP
      1) For STA 1
          "hostap_crypt_conf wlan0 00:11:22:33:44:55 WEP s:abcde"
      2) For STA 2
          "hostap_crypt_conf wlan0 00:66:77:88:99:00 WEP s:ghijkl"

      STA 1
      "iwconfig wlan0 key s:abcde"

      STA 2.
      "iwconfig wlan0 key s:ghijkl"

  With this setup the end stations are able to communicate with AP but
  they are not able to communicate with each other through the Access Point.

  Can any one help me in identifying whats going wrong here OR the
  hostap driver does not support this feature.

  any help here is greatly appreciated

  thanks all your time

  regards,
  Dilli Babu