ifconfig segfaults while getting up wlan0

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed May 14 00:37:08 PDT 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> I think that everything should be OK for you if you compile the PCI driver
> into the kernel but disable PLX support.  Or better yet please check the
> attached patch.

If you haven't done it yet, please don't bother.  I can reproduce the
problem with Linux 2.4.20 and HostAP PLX driver.  The crash happens in
hostap_get_stats():

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000010
[snip]
>>???; c021a755 <hostap_get_stats+185/3a0>   <=====
[snip]
Trace; c0256405 <dev_open+95/c0>
Trace; c025768f <dev_set_allmulti+17f/5b0>
Trace; c0256081 <dev_get+11/20>
Trace; c0287130 <devinet_ioctl+280/700>
Trace; c0256081 <dev_get+11/20>
Trace; c024f626 <sock_recvmsg+436/740>
Trace; c0142ccf <kill_fasync+26f/3a0>
Trace; c010739f <__up_wakeup+1297/1688>

I just need to understand the problem and make the right fix.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin