HostAP Stability (fixed??)

Vladimir Ivaschenko hazard
Sun May 11 23:49:10 PDT 2003

Sun, May 11, 2003 at 09:14:12PM -0700 Jouni Malinen wrote about Re: HostAP Stability (fixed??)

> After fixing this race (by removing local->event_mask), I have been
> unable to cause the hang anymore. So far, I have sent more than 1 GB of

Excellent news.

> data through without any problems. Of course this is not a proof that
> the problem is solved, but at least things look much better now. Btw,
> only using TCP flood did not seem to be enough to tricker the hang. I
> needed to add some printk's to print something over 9600 bps serial
> console to be able to hang the system..

This is true in case of Soekris since these boards do not have video and
generally have serial console enabled, where various errors from the
kernel will go.

> I did not remove the automatic recovery mechanism so that it will be
> easier to get useful information about other potential issues. The
> watchdog code will keep a counter of detected hangs. This is available
> from /proc/net/hostap/wlan#/debug (sw_tick_stuck). Please let me know,
> if you see this counter being incremented. In addition, these events
> will be reported in kernel log.

I will do testing and let you know.

--
Best Regards