USB NetGear MA111 driver

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue May 6 13:11:50 PDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Andrei Grichine wrote:

> Thanks for the fast reply. These wireless adapters are using PRISM 3
> chipset. Is it difficult to port HostAP driver to support USB devices?
> How difficult is to port this driver to MAC platform?

It's more difficult that porting from PCMCIA to PCI because the low-level
code should be changed.  The driver cannot write to the registers - it
exchanges messages over USB.

I suggest that you help the efforts to make linux-wlan-ng work with USB
devices.  Then you'll have the necessary knowledge to add USB support to
HostAP.

It may also happen that the adapter doesn't have the firmware in the
non-volatile memory.  Then a loader will be needed.

> If anyone is interested in this kind of projects, please let me know. We
> can discuss our possible project.

It would be great if you keep the list subscribers updated on the progress
of the project.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin