Connecting to No SSID

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat May 3 23:15:09 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 09:29:59PM -0600, Matthew Frederico wrote:

> Okay, I have tried 'prism2_param wlan0 host_roaming 1', and just about
> everything I could think of, and I still can't associate to an access point
> via BSSID / no SSID.  (Managed mode)

If you did not use the latest CVS snapshot, I would recommend retesting
with v0.0.2. It fixes a race condition in some operations and
host_roaming was one of the functions that was more or less unusable
without this fix. I just tested the latest version and now I was able to
use host_roaming without any problems. 'iwconfig wlan0 ap <bssid>' was
enough to select the AP based on BSSID.