Hostap 0.0.2 ?

Santiago Garcia Mantinan hostap
Thu May 1 03:42:31 PDT 2003

> the more positive testing reports of the current CVS version I hear, the
> faster the next release is going to happen..

Well, here goes one, at least partially positive.

All the WDS problems I was having, including the one I asked here several
times, the one that made my APs output:

handle_ap_item - addr3(BSSID)=00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not own MAC

are now solved, current CVS did it, that's the positive part.

The negative part is that I've been experiencing stability problems since
version 0.0.1, and this still remain on current CVS, I get a full hangup
when I transfer hundreds of megs at full speed, this problems are seing on
the AP (I was running CVS as of 20021111, mostly the old 20021012 release,
which does not give any stability problems) and it seems they are not seen
as a client.

I cannot provide any info about the error as the AP doesn't have a console,
but I can tell you that I'm running 2.4.20, the machine is a Pentium 100
and the card is a pcmcia with this versions:

NIC: id=0x8003 v1.0.0
PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
STA: id=0x1f v1.4.9

I tipically RAM upgrade this to 1.5.6, but the hang happens wether I upgrade
it or not. This problem is not related to WDS, or at least shouldn't as I'm
not using the wds devices when I test this.

If you tell me how could I do to provide any more info that would be great.

Thanks for your great work!

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net