Samsung SWL-2100P no MAC address

jar at pcuf.fi jar
Wed Mar 19 06:46:25 PST 2003

> Hei all,
>
> I've been trying to set up the SWL-2100P-PCI-Card with the hostap driver
> for several weeks now.
>
> After removing the Kernel-PCMCIA-Support from version 2.4.20 (Debian
> Woody) and building the hostap-driver with Card Services 3.2.3 (as
> recommended for this type of card) the driver hostap_cs loads
> successfully. But then the system shows the message "wlan0: could not
> get own MAC address". dmesg shows messages like "wlan0: hfa384x_cmd:
> command was not completed". hfa284 says nothing to me and I couldn't get
> any usefull informtation about it neither :-(

I have noticed that the best pcmcia settings for e.g. those (PCI)
cards used with old cpus (cpu <= P233) are as below:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=1 fast_pci=1 freq_bypass=0 cmd_time=3"
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=

The "irq_mode=1" is the most important setting, this enables the PCI
interrupts for cirrus pcmcia controller.

Regars, Jar