WDS bridging - kernel freeze

geeojr at krombie.net geeojr
Sun Mar 16 02:05:04 PST 2003

For what it's worth, I'll share the portion of my /etc/init.d/net script
that sets up the radio and the WDS link and bridge on my stations... There
are some differences from yours... Don't know if this will stop the freezes
but it might help.

I have two stations using this script, both are using Linksys WMP11 PCI
Cards.

_/etc/init.d/net_________
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 mode    master
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 enc     ${wlan0_wepkey}
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 rate    ${wlan0_txrate}
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 txpower ${wlan0_txpower}
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 channel ${wlan0_channel}
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid   ${wlan0_essid}

/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 beacon_int 1000
/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 autom_ap_wds 1
/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 other_ap_policy 1
/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 bridge_packets 0
/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 wds_type 2
/sbin/iwpriv wlan0 wds_add ${wds0}

/sbin/brctl addbr br0
/sbin/brctl addif br0 wlan0
/sbin/brctl addif br0 wlan0wds0

/sbin/ifconfig eth0  ${eth_ip}  netmask ${eth_mask}
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0wds0 0.0.0.0
/sbin/ifconfig br0 ${wlan0_ip} netmask ${wlan0_mask} up
__________

__________
iwconfig wlan0 mode repeater essid nextgen
iwpriv wlan0 wds_add $OTHER_END_MAC

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 wlan0