Maximizing 802.11b throuput

Bruno Randolf br1
Thu Mar 13 07:45:35 PST 2003

hello!

my tests have shown 4-5Mbps with 2 stations in ad-hoc mode and 1-2Mbps with an
access point. thruput decreases when there is more than one simultaneous
stream: about 2Mbps in SUM(!) in ad-hoc mode with 5 cross traffic streams.
with access points the the sum of all thruput stays quite constantly around
1-2Mbps.

using RTS improves performance when there are more nodes on the same channel.

bruno