Maximizing 802.11b throuput

Dave Edwards Dave.Edwards
Thu Mar 13 07:30:16 PST 2003

You also need to factor in the card's io performance. For the pccard
based prism2 devices this can be as long as 200uS to write a frame into
the device. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the PCI based devices but
be aware, the pccard (16bit) interface is painfully slow!

This can be a problem if you are implementing a polling protocol with
the radios.

Also, some versions of the Prism 2 firmware will only send multicast
frames after a beacon. The AP firmware will allow multicast frames to be
sent at other times, but it's difficult getting a legal copy of it!