Which PCI Card is Best?

Andrew Langrick andrew
Tue Mar 4 11:54:50 PST 2003

hello,
I know there has been quite a few postings about this but could someone
tell me which PCI card, or PCMCIA with adaptor, is compatible with the
Host AP driver.

I have looked at all the web pages, such as:
http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/
http://www.seattlewireless.net

and many more, I've spent about 2 full days trawling through google.
The problem is that all these sites are now quite old. Most of the
vendors seem to have changed the chipset and I don't want to buy a card
if it won't work.

I have found out that the Belkin F5D6001 ver 1 and the D-link DWL-520
will work. But the D-link isn't made anymore and I can't find one
anywhere, and getting hold of a Belkin ver. 1 is difficult.

If someone has bought a card and got it working, from a UK supplier,
could they let me know which card and where from.

Thanks in advance
Andrew Langrick